It’s what’s inside that counts
We’re big on transparency, so we’ll always tell you what we put into and leave out of our products, and why we chose to include them (or not). It’s important to us that our products do good, as well as look good (and feel good!), so we’re constantly evolving our formulations and reviewing their ingredients based on the latest scientific reports and ingredient technologies.
Above all, we believe in quality, not quantity. Phase Zero is all about using ingredients that have real benefits and won’t cause irritation, clog your pores, or impact the efficacy of our products. Anything that is deemed harmful or has questionable safety data will be removed.
We believe that beauty products should give the best results as possible, using the best materials available, so the below list will tell you about the ingredients that we promise never to use, the manufacturing and testing guidelines we adhere to, and our ‘clean beauty’ philosophy.
We hope you find this a helpful resource. If you have any questions, we’re here: email@example.com.
We have never tested on animals, and since March 2019 all formulas we’ve produced have been vegan friendly and free of any animal-derived ingredients. We don’t believe in waste, so you may notice that a few of our older (non-vegan) products are still available on site and are not labelled as ‘clean’.
Animal Products & Byproduct
- No animal testing
- No animal fats, oils (currently being phased out), or musks
- Phase Zero has been 100% vegan since March 2019
Health and Environment Concerns
- Phase Zero Makeup is gluten-free
- California Prop 65 Compliant
- No phthalates (DBP, DEHP, DEP) or bisphenols (BPA)
- No mercury or mercury-containing ingredients (including Thimerosal)
- Insoluble plastic microbeads are prohibited in rinse-off formulas
- Manufacturing Transparency
- All of our products are manufactured according to GMP requirements
- All FDA-approved
- Non-coal tar derived colourants
Allergens & Irritants
- Only asbestos-free talc can be used
- No mineral oil
- Only USP grade petrolatum can be used
- No Resorcinol
- No undisclosed synthetic fragrances above 1%
- No retinyl palmitate
We review our ingredients on a monthly basis and adhere to Sephora Clean standards. Here is a list of common ingredients we formulate without.
Sulfates — SLS and SLES
Undisclosed Synthetic Fragrances above 1%
Animal oils, musks or fats
Benzophenone Related Compounds
Mercury compounds (Thimerisol)
Talc: Asbestos-free talc is OK
BHT — threshold is 0.1%
Nanoparticles — as defined by the EU
Petrolatum - Only USP grade can be used
Parrafin - Only USP grade can be used
Phenoxyethanol - Has to be under 1%
Sodium styrene/divinylbenzene copolymer
1,4 Dioxane - Tested prior to use
Insoluble Plastic Microbeads are prohibited
in rinse-off formulas